Thursday, May 25, 2006

00. Preface 2005

00. Preface 2005

The following is a research work of mine on the history of presence of Kurds in Iran's central governments from the time of Mahd Dynasty. This work is not intended for review of people's movements and those movements are only noted when related to the main topic of the formation of the central government in Iran. Furthermore this analysis of Iran's history shows why I believe a federal government is more appropriate for Iran. I have thoroughly explained my understanding of federalism in the Appendix 6 of this book that I wrote in Oct 2005, that federalism does not mean ethnic government and it means checks and balances at the state and local level whether it be the state government, state legislature, or state judicial courts, they are all to democratic contain and moderate the power of the central government. I did this study a long time ago in 1981, but never published wrote this paper. I posted this as a series on SCI (soc.culture.iranian) Usenet newsgroup, in 1994. I am sure scholarly works on this topic. I hope my work to be of use to the current researchers. As far as the issue of creating the state of Greater Kurdestan, I believe that even if the Kurds get separated from Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, etc; I seriously doubt it if they would form *one* state together. Even if separations happen, the result would be a number of Kurdish states, the same way that we currently have many Arab states in the region, and all the theories of Pan-Arabism never succeeded to create a unified Arab state. As far as separation, I think the Kurdestan of Iraq would have the hardest time, because there are many oil wells located in the Kurdestan of Iraq. In a way, Kurdestan of Iraq is like Khuzestan of Iran. Just as Iran would never allow Khuzestan to separate from Iran, Iraq has a lot to lose if letting its Kurdestan to separate. Again, I do not know enough about Kurdestan of Iraq to pass an opinion as to how it may develop or what would be to its advantage. I personally do not think it is to the advantage of Kurdestan of Iran to separate from the rest of Iran. I think if such a separation happens, the Iranian Kurdestan will become a poor country even poorer than the current Afghanestan. It is to the advantage of Iran as a whole to become a federal state, and it is to the advantage of Iran's Kurdestan to be one state within that federation. This is what I am arguing for in my research below, for the Kurdestan and the rest of Iran. As I have shown in this paper, the Kurdestans of Turkey, Iraq, and Syria were all part of the Ottoman Empire and they had a separate economic and political development from the Kurdestan of Iran, even before the Safavid Dynasty, and since times before the Safavids, they have lived apart from the Iranian Kurdestan. In fact the rule of Ardalans in Iranian Kurdestan goes back to the time of Moghol invasion, even before the fall of Abassid dynasty. As far as the Kurdestans of Iraq or Turkey are concerned, and whether their unification into one single country is to their advantage, or what the best course of development for them is, I really have no idea. My conclusions are just about Kurdestan of Iran, which I believe has the most to gain by being part of an Iranian Federal Government, and has a lot to lose, by becoming part of any scheme to make it part of any state of Greater Kurdestan.November 25, 2004Sam Ghandchi, Publisher/EditorIRANSCOPEhttp://www.iranscope.com