Thursday, May 25, 2006

11. Final Word

11. Final Word

Finally I would like to note that I have not reviewed the intellectual and peasant uprisings during the end of the Shah and the rise of Islamic Republic of Iran periods.?? I think the former is not really much different from the rest of Iran and should be studied as part of the review of Iranian intellectual thought and the latter is beyond the scope of this treatise.? Here my intention was simply to investigate the presence of Kurds in the Iran's central government.

As far as Islamic Republic of Iran (IRI) is concerned, I do not have any detailed knowledge of the Iranian elite at this time and so I really cannot judge what the ethnic make-up of IRI is. I know some clergy like Mofti-Zadeh in Kurdestan at the beginning supported IRI and some like Sheikh Ezzedin Hosseini did not. But whether any of them is part of Iran's elite, I would seriously doubt that.

I do not know what the IRI and the various social, cultural, and political groups of Iran are doing in Iran's Kurdestan at this time.? I just know that the lack of tolerance at the beginning of IRI caused a lot of killings of innocent people from both IRI supporters and its opponents.

I hope that this paper and other educational efforts can help the growth of the dialogue between different peoples of Iran and thus help the improvement of tolerance and diversity of the present and future central governments of Iran.? Kurds, Azeris, Baluches, Arabs, Lors, Bakhtiaris, Ghashghais, Assyrians, Armenians, Jews, Zoroastrians, Sunnis, Baha'is, Women, and all other ethnic, national, cultural, or religious groups make what is called Iran today.

If any central government in Iran, at present or in the future, does not recognize the rightful aspirations of these diverse groups, I really doubt it if that government can claim to be representing what we call Iran.

Sam Ghandchi
1981

---------------------------------------------------------------------
* This series on Kurdestan and the following appendix were written in 1981.? It was first posted on Usenet newsgroup on May 1, 1994.